Greetings to my beautiful community of FlowerSeeds! I am very excited to be putting together a House Concert tour for Spring 2015. We are looking for hosts in and around the cities listed below throughout the months of April and May. If you are interested in hosting a show, contact me here or read the details below and get in touch!
- Ashland OR – Saturday April 11th
- Grants Pass OR – Friday April 17th
- Portland OR – Friday April 24th
- San Francisco CA – (Between May 6th – 13th)
- San Carlos CA – Friday May 8th
- Santa Cruz CA – May 12th – 16th
- Los Angeles CA – (Between May 1st – 13th)
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room (or yoga studio, small gallery, church/temple etc.) for about 4-5 hours, check names off the list at the door… in return, you will get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
I will play 2 sets of original music with a set break in the middle.
Here’s how it works
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 20-60 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. The ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Cornflower’s website. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:30pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 11pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them to buy tickets online or there is a second option of making the show a friends-only event, if this is the case, we can work something out individually with you on a case-by-case basis.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will be promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. We will provide the sound system. We’d like to borrow some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood and a small table or counter top where we can sell merchandise after the show.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts at these concerts. It is a one-man act.
[su_box title=”If interested please follow these steps”]
1. You read everything above and it’s all cool?
2. READ THIS: We’ll need you to sign this agreement once we confirm the show. Read over it now so you understand what this includes. [Link to Agreement]
3. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with this info:
– a. Your Name & Address.
– b. A few photos of the space where the show will happen.
– c. A list of dates you will be available to host within the month chosen for your area.
– d. Please put “#AnEveningWithCornflower Spring Tour” and the name of your city in the subject line.
[ eg: “#AnEveningWithCornflower Spring Tour: Ashland OR” ]
4. Sit tight and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible if we can book the show at your house.
Thanks for your help!
After we have the dates sorted out we will announce the shows and tickets will go on sale here at cornflowermusic.com.